The March 2023 “State of the Industry Report” — presented in affiliation with Ryder — shares an in-depth overview across the trucking, maritime and intermodal markets, as well as what to expect in the coming weeks. The data contained within the report provides breakdowns of capacity, volumes and rates.
In this report, you will find:
- The truckload market is following seasonal trends as the market cools in the “quiet season.”
- The intermodal market is holding up better than the truckload market to start the year, but that could change given the spread between truckload and intermodal contract rates has narrowed significantly.
- The maritime market is singing the Lunar New Year blues as volume levels haven’t recovered to pre-holiday levels.
- The macroeconomic environment remains a mixed bag as inflation accelerated in January, but the labor market remained robust.
- Consumers’ propensity to spend shined through in January as retail sales beat expectations, but rising credit card debt remains a concern moving forward.
Download the complimentary report today to access the full insights.